Join a team of compassionate and caring individuals who spread cheer, hope and encouragement to those in need.
During COVID we are not making 'in person' visits unless there is a unique situation, but it is not a requirement.
Below is a list of opportunities of how to serve on the visitation team. We are primarily making phone calls as ‘visits’ (checking in, praying with them, listening to, and encouraging them.)
*There is a separate aspect of the team who are also sending cards in the mail with Bible verses, encouraging words and 'thinking of you' cards to ensure that everyone is feeling loved and connected while they are sick, homebound or lonely.
- Phone 'visits' (including 'check in' calls or texts if they aren’t up to talking)
- Hospitalization phone call ‘visits’ (as needed and follow up for up to a few weeks after they go home)
- Nursing home phone call visits (these would be on a weekly or bi-monthly basis)
- Praying with individuals
- Listening to and encouraging the person or even their family
- Updating the team leader with how the person is doing on a weekly or bi-monthly basis
- Sending encouraging cards to those in nursing homes, homebound, sick, on hospice or terminal
Flexible hours; minimum 1/2 hour a week up to whatever amount of time you would like to contribute.
Available Serving Days:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
CONNECT WITH US